It’s time for the french king cake recipe !
Slightly crispy on the outside, and soft in the inside, this recipe is THE dessert.
Also known as the galette des rois, this recipe is so easy to made, and delicious. Nothing can beat a homemade dessert ! 🙂
As usual, you will find all the steps and ingredients below.
Bon appétit !
French king cake
Write a review
- 2 butter puff pastry
- 125 g of almond powder
- 100 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60 g of butter
- vanilla powder (additional)
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, 2 egg yolks and the vanilla powder.
- Add the aldmond powder into the melted butter.
- In another large bowl, whisk 3 egg whites firmly.
- Keep the remaining egg yolk for later.
- Incorporate the egg whites into the mixture.
- Take your 2 butter puff pastry.
- On one of them, pour the mixture.
- Use the other one to cover the entire pie. Fold up the edges/sides.
- Make a drawing on top of the pastry, using a knife (be careful to not tear apart the pastry).
- Use the remaining egg yolk, and pour it on top of the pastry.
- Bake the french king cake for 30 mintues in the oven at 180°.
Celine Lunakim https://www.celine-lunakim.com/en/
Don’t forget to leave a comment if you like sweet recipes ❤
Pin it on Pinterest