As promise in my previous blog post, here is a beautiful Easter cake !
In only few days, it will be time for the Easter egg hunt ! That’s why I’m sharing with you this little dessert to cook for this special occasion.
This recipe is really easy to make, and is perfect fot the Easter theme.
This dessert is composed by a cake and some Easter decorations bought in your favorite bakery shop. For my cake, I decided to go with a small Easter chocolate hen and some cute eggs, but you can add any ohters decorations you want such as a rabbit, a huge eggs …
The base of the cake is made with chocolate (yummy), and the decor (Easter hen and eggs) are delicately laid on the top of the cake.
To create the nest, all you have to do is to cut a little circle in some paper, place it under the Easter chocolate hen, and surrond tit with vermicelli (also known as angel’s hair). A really simple idea, that will create the suprise to your guests !
If you want, you can create several nests (one for the Easter chocolate hen, and one for the eggs) ! I think that the result is really great, and it’s really really easy to make ! With this idea/trick you don’t have to work so hard for the decoration of your cake, and it will look amazing ! It’s also the perfect occasion to share this cake with your loved ones and your family !
As usual, all the details are down below. You can also print this recipe or save if for later on Pinterest !
Happy Easter !
Bon appétit ?
- 250 g of black chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 180 g of flour
- 180 g of sugar
- 180 g of melted butter
- 15 g of backing powder
- one Easter chocolate hen
- some small chocolate eggs
- 2 spoons of vermicelli
- cacao powder
- Preheat the oven at 180°;
- Separate the white eggs from the eggs yolks in two different large bowls.
- Blend the eggs yolks with the sugar.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Add it to the mixture.
- Add little by little the flour and the backing powder.
- Whisk white eggs fermly. Add them to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered cake pan.
- Bake in hoven for 35 minutes at 160°.
- When your cake is all bake, let it cool.
- Using a strainer to sprinkle some cacao powder on top of the cake to make it look fabulous.
- Laid delicately the chocolate eggs on top of the cake.
- Cut a piece of paper into a circle (the size of the circle need to be bigger than the size/widht of the Easter chocolate hen).
- Then laid the paper circle on top of the cake.
- Put the Easter chocolate hen on top of the paper circle.
- On the visible part of the paper circle, add vermicelli to create the nest, all around the Easter chocolate hen.
- (Adding paper under the Easter chocolate hen and vermicelli will make the process of removing the vermicelli when time to eat, easier).
Feel free to leave a comment if you like sweet recipes ❤
Pint in on Pinterest
Made by Chris Victor / Photo and text by Céline Lunakim